Here is a post that reviews the popular snoring app by Snorelab.
It is just typical for some people to first consider self-help when it comes to curing diseases or correcting irregularities, including snoring. However, if you have already tried various natural and self-help treatments but still end up unsuccessful, it must be time to consider medical cures that work to stop snoring.
Cure For Snoring Without Surgery
When everything seems hopeless in terms of snoring cures, you can find a suitable solution by choosing among medical treatments that can stop snoring like anti snoring mouth guard. There are already new advancements and a variety of snoring devices are already available to help you stay away from the discomforts caused by snoring.
Here are some of the most highly recommended snoring cures:
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) – cpap snoring treatment is used to keep your airway open while asleep. A machine placed at your bedside blows pressurized air into a mask that you wear over your nose or face.
- Traditional surgery – this technique can be in the form of Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), Thermal Ablation Palatoplasty (TAP), tonsillectomy, and adenoidectomy. Surgery is done to increase airway size through the surgical removal of tissues or by correcting abnormalities.
- New innovations – At present there are already state-of-the-art technology that can be used to stop snoring. Laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP) and somnoplasty are used to remove parts of the soft palate to reduce snoring through the help of lasers or radiofrequency signals. These developments offer newer cure for snoring without surgery but may still require further study.
- Dental mouth guard snoring, oral devices, and lower jaw-positioners – these cure for snoring without surgery resemble the mouth guard of athletes. A snoring mouthpiece help keep the airway open by bringing your lower jaw or your tongue forward during sleep.
When self-help cures to stop snoring solutions no longer work, like the jaw strap for snoring, it must be time to turn to medical treatments that are known as effective snoring remedies. Developments offer solutions to relieve discomforts and health risks so why you should be a slave to the problems and inconveniences brought by snoring.
Doctor for Snoring Problem
Snoring may seem like a natural thing for some people but this may also be a sign of a more serious medical condition. This article discusses some of the signs telling that you should already see a doctor for snoring problem to know the most appropriate snoring remedies. If you are asking yourself “what doctor should I see for snoring problems?”, read more from this article.
To stop snore problem and to avoid worsening of your condition, the following signs are the red flags for you to immediately seek the attention of a doctor for snoring problem.
Danger Signs of Snoring:
- Loud and heavy snoring and feeling tired during the day.
- Gasping, choking, or breathing stopped during sleep.
- Falling asleep at inappropriate times, such as during a conversation or a meal.
Aside from snoring problems, you maybe wondering what doctor do you see for snoring because some may refer to a sleep specialist in order to rule out a more serious problem. A home-based sleep test may be required using a portable monitor or client may be requested to stay overnight at a sleep clinic. These sleep studies can come up with conclusions that can tell if the snoring problem is not related to any sleeping or breathing disorders. After the study, different anti snoring device may be discussed.
Snoring can also be a warning sign of a more serious problem and a snorer should be evaluated for any underlying medical conditions. If you have snoring problems, beware of the red flags so you can control any underlying problem as early as possible.
Snoring Problems and Solutions
For some people, snoring is an ordinary thing. It should never be a cause of concern. Everyone snores occasionally, like it is a natural thing for human beings. However though it may seem like a part of normal existence, one should also be cautious especially if snoring happens frequently!
Why People Snore
There are people who snore because of having too much throat and nasal tissue. This “floppy” tissue is more prone to create vibration. The position of your tongue is another factor that causes snoring. Your tongue can also get in the way of smooth breathing creating serious risk while you are asleep.
Snoring Cause Problems
There are times when problems with snoring problems and solutions are no longer considered as normal especially if it causes discomfort and inconveniences. Some of the most common problems that arise because of snoring problems include:
- Poor quantity and quality of sleep.
- Disturbance to family members and roommates.
- Poor sleep that leads to daytime fatigue, irritability, and increased health problems.
- Snoring problems in relationship.
- Sleep apnea
Obviously even if snoring appears as a normal condition, it can cause serious problems that you can’t just afford to shrug off your shoulders. It can affect your productivity, relationships, health, and could even be fatal.
Thankfully, snoring problems and solution like using ear plugs, sleeping in separate bedrooms, and having someone to look over you are not the only help snoring problems you have. Nowadays, there are already snoring remedies like anti snoring chin straps and other effective anti snoring devices available.
Snoring may require medical attention, see a doctor to know how to stop snoring and get the proper cure for it before it stops you from living a normal life!
Snoring has its dangers and snorers should be aware that aside from dealing with inconvenience and possible health problems, snoring is also an issue that can affect relationships.
Snoring can be dangerous not only for your health but also for your relationships. Snoring can rift relationships apart. There are times when the inconveniences that it creates become so severe for people to drift apart no matter how much they want to be with each other.
Certainly, snoring is a problem that requires your attention. It can strain a relationship and even put your partner’s health at risk. As snoring problems in relationship grow, you can also expect that the relationship tension will also grow.
Snoring Problems In Relationships
Listed below are some of the problems brought by snoring that build tension and barrier between people who are in a relationship.
- Sleeping alone – For some people, one of the easiest solutions to avoid the snoring problems in relationships caused by a snoring partner is to find a separate room to sleep in. This may not be a reason for worry but this set up often results in a lack of physical intimacy and cause strain in the relationship. A person who sleeps alone instead with a partner may feel lonely, isolated, and frustrated especially once they feel that they no longer have control over their condition. You might also think about “my snoring is ruining my marriage” because your spouse wouldn’t like to sleep beside you anymore.
- Spats – It is very common for a person to become irritable easily especially when sleep loss becomes an issue. A person with a snoring partner can experience so much frustration or disappointment and they may loss patience even with little issues which often lead to a spat.
- Partner resentment – A non-snorer can lose patience especially when one already feels that everything has already been done to sleep through the night and his or her partner does nothing to solve his or her own snoring problem. This situation can lead to resentment and may put a barrier between people who are supposed to deal with things together.
Snoring problems can really go out of control especially if you will not give it the right amount of attention that it requires. Snoring ruining marriage my marriage can be the worst that can happen. If your relationship is one thing that you value, you have to deal with the concerns that put a distance between you and your partner.
Snoring remedies should be identified and make it a priority to find a snoring cure to sleep soundly and always be with the person you want to be with. You can also use snore mouth guard to stop snoring.
Working as a team to be an anti snoring couple will not just solve your snoring problem but it can also be an opportunity to improve the quality of your relationship and become more connected deeply.
Sleeping is supposed to make the body comfortable and at rest. But if you are a snorer, you will fail to experience the benefits of a restful sleep. Aside from the inconveniences that snoring problems create, there are also dangers in snoring and sleep apnea that absolutely put importance to the identification of various snoring remedies.
Snoring is a problem that demands prompt attention because of its unwanted social and medical effects that will make you wonder “Is snoring bad for my health?”.
Dangers Of Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Social Effects – Snoring is disruptive to family life. It can become the reason for a person to be ridiculed and may even cause bitter relationships. Snorers are also considered as unwelcome roommates. Ripping relationships apart is also consider as one of the dangers of snoring and sleep apnea.
Medical Effects – A snorer has a disturbed sleeping pattern and will find it difficult to find restful sleep. There are also studies suggesting the snoring dangers that snorers face.
Feel free to share this infographic! Just copy and paste the code below:
- Heavy snorers have higher risk to develop high blood pressure at a younger age.
- Snorers are prone to suffer from heart attacks and strokes.
- They face 300% higher risk to get involved in a car accident. Poor sleep can cause poor focus and poor reflexes.
- They have 400% to 500% greater risk of experiencing daytime fatigue.
- Snorers may experience sleep apnea, a serious medical condition that is common in 20% of all chronic snorers.
- Snorers experience sleep disturbances which lead to greater anxiety, hyperirritability, decreased memory and poor concentration.
If you are one of the people who think that snoring is not a serious problem, it is now time to change your perception and become more serious in knowing various snoring remedies. Take advantage of the advancements that offer effective snoring cures and put you away from the dangers that snoring can cause. If you are considering mouth guards check some anti snoring mouthguard reviews first before getting one.
Loud snoring and sleep apnea are both classified as sleeping disorders. Some people think that snoring and sleep apnea are similar but they are not.
Loud Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Not everyone who snores experience sleep apnea the same way that not everyone who has sleep apnea snores. These sleeping disorders both cause serious problems and you have to know the characteristics that differentiate the two.
Below are some of the ways that will help you identify if you are experiencing loud snoring and sleep apnea.
- Know basic telltale signs: One of the most reliable signs to check is how you feel at daytime. Snoring does not affect the quality of sleep while sleep apnea does. As a result, people who snore are less likely to experience sleepiness and fatigue at daytime while people with sleep apnea experiences poor energy, sleepiness, and extreme fatigue.
- Use a sleep diary: A sleep diary will allow you to record the number of hours that you spend in bed, experiences of nighttime awakenings, as well as how you feel when you wake up in the morning. To make it work your sleep partner should take note of your snoring and keep track of its quality and frequency. A sleep diary may also contain experiences of gasping, choking, or unusual sounds.
- Record your sleep: One of the easiest ways to determine your sleeping disorder is by taking a video or audio recording of yourself while sleeping. This is a strategy that can offer a lot of information and can be very revealing. A sound-activated audio recorder, video camera, or software that turns your computer into a recorder can be used to record your sleeping behavior.
Abnormal sleeping behavior can become a cause for serious concern and you have to identify the problem as early as possible. Avoid the risks that snoring and sleep apnea can create. Breathe easy snoring and sleep apnea reducing mouthpiece is now available in the market. Seek medical help when necessary, use the best treatment for snoring and sleep apnea mouthpiece to make sure that you will be able to sleep right without any reason for worry.
The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) guidelines and some studies in the UK and Switzerland supports the claim of patients proving that the snoring mouthpiece is the most effective solution among the snoring remedies available today.
A snoring mouthpiece is an effective treatment for snoring. It effectively reduces snoring loudness for the majority of heavy snorers and others claim that they were snoring on fewer nights per week.
Tips Choosing Snoring Mouthpiece
The best snoring mouthpiece can really help relive snoring problems but there are lots of different snoring mouthpieces to choose from nowadays. If you are a snorer, you may experience difficulty in choosing the snoring mouthguard that will work for you best.
To help you in choosing the anti snoring mouth guard that will work to bring snoring remedies, here are some of the most important tips choosing snoring mouthpiece that will guide you when buying a snoring mouthpiece:
Find out if it has FDA clearance.
All snoring mouthpieces are regulated by the US Food & Drug Administration. Products like a snoring mouthguard should pass consumer safety testing to get FDA Clearance. FDA certified products are safe to use and can be released into the market.
Beware of anti-snoring mouth guards sold online that did not pass FDA clearance as they pose danger to the safety of consumers. Therefore, when buying a snoring mouthpiece, ensure it receives FDA clearance.
Know the materials used for the snoring mouth guard.
A snoring mouthguard should be free from harmful materials. To be sure, choose a non-toxic snoring mouthpiece or BPA-free snoring mouthguard.
Thermoplastic elastomer material, non-thermoplastic material, and acrylic are the most common materials used for anti snore mouthpieces. Each of them has characteristics that are suitable for users of snoring mouthguards.
- Thermoplastic elastomer material makes a snoring mouthpiece more flexible and adjustable. It can be molded to your teeth for a more comfortable and personalized fit.
- Non-thermoplastic material cannot be adjusted because it is a hard material. The snoring mouthguard made from this material are molded by the fabric and sold in one size that fits all.
- Acrylic material is easier to mold as compared with non-thermoplastic material. It is usually prescribed for snoring mouthguards since it can be adjusted and made by a dentist.
Although, there are a wide variety of materials that you can choose from, but the most important thing that you should take into is the safety of the material. Make sure you have selected the one that uses the safe material. The safe material contains no-toxic or BPA-free.
Check if it is comfortable.
Snoring mouthpiece buying tips is that comfort is an important aspect to check because it is an appliance that will be used nightly. If it causes discomfort, the snoring mouthpiece can become the reason why the user will experience troubled sleep.
A snoring mouthpiece can make the wearer uneasy at the first few nights but this is just normal. However, if uneasiness continues for weeks you need to change it or switch to another kind of snoring mouthpiece.
Know its cost.
Some people don’t mind spending too much to get the best snoring remedies. However, it is also important to know that a cheap snoring mouthpiece doesn’t necessary offer a bad result, the same way that a pricey snoring mouthguard doesn’t always guarantee the best result.
Check out customer reviews.
Customer reviews can guide you when choosing the mouthpiece that can relieve snoring problems. To know and decide which one works better, you can compare products and checkout snoring mouthpiece reviews. There are various sites on the Internet that offer valuable information about reduce snoring tips.
Snoring can cause serious troubles but you don’t have to go through so much difficulty when finding the best snoring mouthguard brands to buy. Simple tips to choosing mouthpiece is to compare each snoring mouthpiece according to their type, prices, guarantee, and other points and for sure, you will be able to identify the product that can offer the best snoring remedy.
Sleep apnea is a disorder in which the airway is obstructed while the person is sleeping. It causes loud snoring in its most benign form to a complete termination of breathing, cardiac arrhythmias and low blood oxygen levels at its worst.
Sleep apnea is fatal and it is a growing problem in the U.S. that is related to obesity.
Repeated occurrence of sleep apnea or absence of breathing causes frequent nighttime awakening which results in broken, choppy, non restorative sleep. Most of the time, sleep apnea is first noticed by the patient’s partner, or the one who gets disturbed loud snoring or sleep apnea episodes.
Studies revealed that obstructive sleep apnea weight is much more common among overweight or obese people. Yes, obesity is an epidemic that endangers the lives of people and it is also related with a person’s experience of sleep apnea.
Sleep Apnea and Weight
Some of the reasons why obesity is one of the risk factors for sleep apnea and weight are listed below:
- The airway of obese people gets obstructed by large tonsils, enlarged tongue and increased fat in the neck.
- These obstructions press on the airway once the throat muscles get relaxed while a person is asleep resulting in obstructed breathing.
- Obese men with a neck circumference of 17 inches and above and women with a neck circumference of 16 inches or more are most likely to experience sleep apnea. The neck circumference of a person is a reliable forecaster of sleep apnea.
Another problem that obese persons should be concerned of is the effect of sleep apnea. As obesity and sleep apnea results, the latter also becomes the reason why a person who is deprived of sleep to eat more creating a vicious cycle.
To conclude, sleep apnea and weight obesity go hand in hand and can cause serious physical, emotional, and health problems. These two can cause greater weight gain, worsened blood pressure, glucose intolerance, and worsened apnea and the cycle goes on and on unless you will be able to use sleep apnea mouth piece and control obesity. Treatments are available to relieve sleep apnea problems and with regards to obesity, lifestyle modification and healthy eating habits need to be followed strictly. Does sleep apnea go away with weight loss? Snoring will lessen if you live a healthier lifestyle.
Snoring is a common disorder. Men and women, young and old can experience problems with disturbed sleep.
Factors like the structure of your sinuses and mouth, your weight, medical condition, and lifestyle contribute to snoring. It is very important to identify the most appropriate treatment for your sleeping disorder to make sure that you will be able to get a quiet and good night sleep.
There are different types of treatment that can offer snoring remedies and one of the most popular methods is a snoring mouthpiece.
Anti-snoring mouthpieces are dental devices used for the mouth that help treat snoring. To help you learn more about this device, here are some of the things that you must know to understand how it works:
- Anti-snoring mouthpieces hold up the soft tissues of the palate. There are also devices that pull the jaw in front and prevent the tongue from falling back.
- There are models available that work on the principle of holding up the tissues within the throat to prevent them from blocking the air passage.
- Snoring mouthpieces offer relief but you have to insert it into your mouth before you sleep, a habit that you need to get used to.
- When using anti snoring band there are tendencies for greater saliva to be produced. Others may feel that their mouth feels dry as it may stay open while the device is in.
- Avoiding the difficulties caused by snoring mouthguard, a chin strap may be used to keep your jaws in proper position.
There are treatments that you can use to avoid the discomforts that can be caused by a snoring mouthpiece. Just choose the one that works for you best to take advantage of the latest snoring remedies and enjoy a peaceful sleep.