Oral Appliances For Snoring
A snoring mouthpiece is now considered as an effective treatment for snoring problems. One of the most popular and highly-recommended snoring guard is the Mandibular Advancement Device. There is also the tongue stabilizing device that works differently to control snoring. These two types of oral appliances for snoring and it comes in various forms.
Mandibular Advancement Mouthpiece
MAD comes in many forms and for those looking for the best oral appliance that can work to help give you a snore relief, if you do not want some anti-snoring bands, here are some of the options to choose from:
- Dentist Supervised – This dental appliance snoring is created in a dental laboratory. The mouth impression is created by a dental specialist and then the snoring mouthpiece is professionally fitted.
- User Fitted Laboratory Mouthpiece – With this type of snoring mouthpiece, the user creates his/her own dental impression. Afterwards, the impression is sent to a dental laboratory. The oral appliance will be returned to the user directly.
- Boil and Bite Dual Laminate Snoring Mouthpiece – This snoring mouthguard is heated and molded but uses an extra layer of material to create a more secure fit.
- Boil and Bite Snoring Mouthguard – For this type of snoring mouthpiece, the user must heat the mouthguard type appliance in hot water then the material will be molded according to the manufacturer’s recommended shape.
- Stock Mouthguard – This snoring mouthguard is a one-size-fits-all oral appliance. It cannot be custom fitted using hot water.
Feel free to share this infographic! Just copy and paste the code below:
Tongue Stabilizing Device
This type of anti-snoring device comes in two forms:
- Dentist Supervised – This type of oral appliances for snoring is available through prescription only. It can be ordered by a sleep dental specialist. Impressions are not required and 80% of all people use the same size. It can act as an oral appliance for severe sleep apnea as well.
- Internet Dentist Supervised – This type of tongue stabilizing device follows a sleep questionnaire and individual analysis to know if a person is qualified to wear it. An online dentist is the one who prescribes the device and is usually preferred by those who want to cut costs because it can be used without requiring impressions.
Snoring can be cured and choosing the right oral appliance to be used as a snoring remedy can be easy especially if you will just consider some of the aspects that will fit your requirements perfectly.